Hi! I’m JC,
- I have a wife and three daughters that I love and consider myself very lucky that they put up with me.
- Most of us were born Buckeyes, but we relocated to Texas and had our third child. So now living in the south, with a native Texan in the house, I figure we are grandfathered into the whole Y’all thing.
- We live in Houston (#HoustonStrong), where it’s easy to get hooked on all the sun and beautiful Texas mornings we get down here.
- Because I have a wife and three daughters, retirement is not a part of my plans.
- I love being a full-on Dad! Apparently that’s good because my kids say I dress like one, which I also love.
- From the time I was in grade school, one of the places I’ve felt most at home is at church, in front of the Tabernacle.
- I’ve had several unmistakable “God” moments in my life, and will reveal them (see what I did there?) where appropriate on this blog. For now just know that JohnCConnell.com, along with my books, are the fruits of some of those moments.
- I work a day job where I experience opportunities to live my faith each day, and that brings with it plenty of writing inspiration.
- I am also a Knight of Columbus (3rd Degree) because I believe in their mission of #charity, #unity, #fraternity and #patriotism.
- All that said, I am far from perfect and make mistakes every day. That’s why I will never call myself a “devout” Catholic or even a “good” Catholic. I will always be a “practicing” Catholic.
- I keep a running prayer list on my iPhone. I pray for my family, friends, colleagues, coworkers, readers and even strangers that land on my radar, and add special intentions by the names all the time. And oh yeah, I say it’s kinda like the mob: once you make the list, you’re never coming off!
- If you want to be added to the list, send me an email at JC@JohnCConnell.com.
- I am deeply grateful for my readers and consider it my mission to encourage them when I write. HOWEVER, I don’t consider my writing, my books, websites and now podcast a business or even a side-hustle. They are how I serve and help me to live “Non-Sibi”.
- If you want to read one of my books, consider downloading the eBook versions. I strive to offer those at low/no charge wherever you get your eBooks. The paperbacks do cost a little, only because of printing and shipping expenses.
Find my books here on Amazon!